Welcome to Happy in Red!
Hi everyone! I am Esther. A journalist, (web)editor and blogger from Utrecht, The Netherlands. I feel so fortunate that I was able to make a profession out of writing about what inspires me.
(Yes, that's me feeding a kangaroo there!!)
Writing is my on and true passion! In the past I've written for many magazines, websites, newspapers and a press agency. I was also the co-writer of two travel books! At the moment I am a freelance journalist for several website and magazines. I am always looking for new challenges, so if you think you have one for me? Be sure to let me know. Since I am the owner of Mooistestedentrips.nl, a Dutch travel website about city trips and a freelance writer for a travel magazine, don't be surprised if something travel related pops up here every once in a while.
This blog took me on a complete different journey however! In 2011 I discovered the crochet needle and the sewing machine and I have been hooked (pun definatley intended) ever since. And this year I'd thought I do something wild to celebrate the big 3-0 and open my own Etsy shop this year. So now I am a journalist and editor by day and crazy Etsy shop owner by night. I think I love it. I sell my bags and crochet items in my Etsy shop, but I also offer writing services to fellow blogger/website owners! So if you need help with SEO or want to know how to grow your blog or website? Take a look.
What else can I tell you about me? Well I...
- Am married to my sweet love!
- Absolutely adore all cats, but especially black talkative ones (I always talk back);
- Have a thing for cycling and am mad about the Tour de France;
- Have Red hair, hence my blog name;
- Love red nail polish for my toenails;
- Am 6 feet tall (and yes, that is very tall);
- Read everything I can get my hands on;
- Even read whilst walking on the street (this is sometimes nasty, bumping-into-people-wise);
- Have a Facebook page these days. Woohoo!!
- Enjoy reading your lovely comments on my blog!
If you ever have a question for or about me, please don't hesitate to contact me.
So, thank you for stopping by at Happy in Red. I hope you'll stay a while and post a comment every now and then!